The suspended push-up is a functional whole body strength and balance exercise.
- This suspended push-up exercise uses a bar and strips to hold it and targets the chest, arms, abs and spine stabilization.
- It’s a great exercise for those who want to add variety to their chest workout.
- With the bar hanged by the strips, hold it on the extremities with your arms extended. The bar must be aligned with your chest.
- Try to maintain your trunk as a plank while you move your chest towards the bar, with the elbows pointed outside.
- When you’re near the bar (about 10 cm) make some strength against the bar a push your trunk till your elbows are extended again.
- Doing the suspended push-up increases functional strength in a full body activation.
- Upper body muscles are usually weaker than lower body because nowadays we use it less and less. Push-ups prevent shoulder injury strengthening all trunk muscles.
- While you’re pushing-up, your posture will get better and you promote core strength and avoid lower back pain.
Did you like this suspended push-up tutorial? View more EVO tutorials: