Personal Trainer at EVO Acacias in Geneva
A healthy mind in a healthy body — Jonathan’s life philosophy. He’s been in the fitness industry for the past 15 years and still preserves the same passion and motivation since his first day. He transmits these sentiments to his daily work, monitoring clients and helping them achieve their goals. His training sessions are fully adaptable. So, no matter your age, shape, schedule, or conditions, he will do his best to provide you with quick, visible, and lasting results.
Follow him on Instagram: @jonathan.peultier
Book a PT session: [email protected]
30-MIN FULL-BODY WORKOUT
ALL LEVELS / Full-body workout / 30 minutes
Equipment: Leg extension machine, dips bar, lower back bench, lat machine & kettlebell
During the past few months, we’ve made a decision. We heard our community and decided it was time to bring new gym equipment. You can even say that we are EVOlving. At our core, EVO is still a place that will nurture functional fitness, but now we’re more inclusive. That’s why we brought in the big guns: hip thrust machines, leg press, multipower smith machines, back benches, curl and leg extension machines. There is a myriad of brand new gym equipment in our clubs.
To celebrate all this new gear, we asked Jonathan Peultier, a personal trainer in EVO Acacias in Geneva, Switzerland, to bring us a workout that combined a bit of our philosophy while reaping the benefits of these new machines. And this 30-minute full-body workout does just that. It has 5 exercises, with 12 reps each, to perform in 4 rounds. Rest for 1 minute between rounds. All combined, this workout should take you 30 minutes to perform.
- Leg extensions
- Lat pull-down
- Kettlebell squat
Ready? Let’s try these new machines!
- 5 exercises
- 12 reps each exercise
- 4 rounds
- 1-min rest between rounds
- 30 minutes
- Equipment: Leg extension machine, dips bar, lower back bench, lat machine & kettlebell
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – Dips
- Grab the bars and boost yourself up. Engage the core, looking forward.
- Bend your knees — it will help you with stabilisation.
- Keeping your elbows at your side, lower your body. Your triceps should be parallel to the floor.
- Bring yourself back up without locking your elbows.
2 – LEG EXTENSIONS
- Sit up straight on the leg extension machine.
- Adjust the pad so it sits on your lower leg and just above your feet.
- Extend your legs straight out in front of you, making sure you’re using your quads to power the movement.
- Then slowly lower them back to the starting position.
3 – LAT PULL-DOWN
- Adjust the pad on your legs to reduce the movement.
- Grasp the bar above your head with a wide grip. Keep looking forward with your torso upright.
- Engage your shoulder blades, and then pull the bar down in front of you – upper chest level.
- Squeeze your lats at the bottom of the move and avoid leaning back too much to facilitate the movement.
- Slowly return up and repeat.
4 – KETTLEBELL SQUAT
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Pick a kettlebell with both hands and hold it.
- Keeping the kettlebell close to your chest, do a squat and maintain your chest and back straight.
- Make sure you keep your core tight.
- Slowly come back up and repeat.
5 – HYPEREXTENSIONS
- Lie face down on the bench, tucking your ankles under the footpads. With your body straight, interlace your fingers behind your head.
- Bend forward slowly as far as you can while keeping your back flat. Keep moving forward until you feel your hamstrings stretch.
- Slowly raise your torso back to the initial position.
Liked this full-body workout? There are many more to choose from below:
- 35-min full-body strength workout
- 11-minute AMRAP cardio workout
- 15-min lower body strength workout
- 30-min EMOM full-body workout
- 30-min full-body Tabata workout
- 20-min full-body Tabata workout
- 25-min functional full-body workout
- 30-min full-body strength workout
- 15-min full-body workout for time
- 45-min strength and core workout
- 30-min functional strength workout
- 15-min full-body EMOM workout
- 12-min cardio AMRAP workout