ALL LEVELS / full-body workout for time / 15 minutes
Equipment: Core bag & gym mat
Building a workout is always a fun challenge, and we strive to make them as fun for you as it is for us. That’s why we’re always coming up with different challenges: to keep your motivation running high. Take workouts with weight sections, for example. The form is fundamental, and you should perform each exercise at a steady pace. However, if you want to burn some extra calories, the rhythm mustn’t be too slow. And how can we avoid that? By introducing a time factor.
That’s exactly the case with this full-body workout for time, a training session with a strength component that you must finish within 15 minutes. It has only 4 exercises, each with only 10 reps. So what’s the catch, you might ask. You’ll have to complete 10 rounds. Don’t worry if you can’t complete them in 15 minutes; now and then, come back to this workout and use it to keep track of your progression.
- Core bag squat
- Core bag deadlift to row
- V-sit explosive
No time to lose, but let’s not forget the importance of focusing on form too!
- 4 exercises
- 10 reps each
- 10 rounds
- Litte to no rest
- 15 minutes to finish
- Equipment: Core bag & gym mat
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
If you don’t have the equipment originally needed for this workout, you can substitute it with these everyday items or use these alternative exercises.
Core bag = bag with some weights, such as books, cans of food
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – CORE BAG SQUAT
- Grab the handles of a core bag.
- Clean it, cradling the core bag in your elbow crease, and go to a front squat position
- Keep the core engaged as you squat to a deep position.
- Return and repeat.
2 – PUSH-UP
- Start in a plank position with arms straight, shoulders above wrists, and body in a straight line.
- Engage the core and glutes.
- Keeping the shoulders over the wrists, lower the whole body towards the floor, dropping comfortably as low as you can.
- Push the body upwards and return to the start position. Repeat.
3 – CORE BAG DEADLIFT TO ROW
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding the bag. Ensure the core is engaged and the shoulders set.
- Push the butt backwards and hinge at the hips – keeping the torso straight and the shoulders set – until the bag is lowered to just below the knees. Keep the core engaged as you pull the bag towards the hip crease.
- Maintaining body control, lower the bag back to the knees and drive the hips forwards to return to standing.
4 – V-SIT EXPLOSIVE
- Lie on your back with arms overhead.
- Engage the core, and rapidly bring the hands to the feet, while making a v-position with your body.
- Make sure you keep the arms and legs as straight as possible.
- Return under control and repeat.
Have you managed to do this full-body workout for time in 15 minutes? In any case, here are some other challenges:
- 45-min strength and core workout
- 30-min functional strength workout
- 15-min full-body EMOM workout
- 12-min cardio AMRAP workout
- 20-min pyramid functional workout
- 20-min functional full-body workout
- 15-min rowing workout
- 10-min functional upper body workout
- 20-min lower body dumbbell workout
- 20-min strength cable workout
- 18-min EMOM workout for strength
- 15-min full-body Tabata workout
- 10-min bodyweight cardio workout
- 20-min shoulders and core workout
- 40-min functional full-body workout