Personal trainer from Vienna
Jakob is a highly experienced personal trainer who specializes in health and mobility training. He supports his customer with weight loss, as well helps to build a strong muscular body.
Follow him on Instagram: @fitterritter
FUNCTIONAL CIRCUIT WORKOUT
ALL LEVELS / circuit workout / 20 minutes
Equipment: Exercise mat
Any regular gym goer has at one point performed a circuit workout. These training sessions are usually short but intense, requiring you to complete each exercise set before moving on to the next one.
Since there is limited to no rest between the sets, this means your heart rate will go up. And that will happen while combining a mix of endurance and strength exercises. What’s not to love about it?
Today’s session checks all the above boxes. It’s a functional circuit workout designed by Jakob Ritter, a personal trainer from Vienna and our dear friend. You’ll be performing 5 exercises, 3 sets each — you’ll have to complete each of the latter before moving to the next exercise.
- Bend over push-up – 12 reps
- Plank to triceps extension – 10 reps
- Bridge to leg raise – 12 reps each side
- Diagonal superman – 12 reps each side
- Squat to lunge – 8 reps
Ready? Let start the circuit!
- 5 exercises
- 8-12 reps, depending on the exercise
- 3 sets each exercise
- Equipment: Exercise mat
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
EVO nurtures natural movement and our workouts, such as this one, usually require little to no equipment and minimal training space, making it easy to perform them everywhere.
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
3 sets each, before moving to the next exercise
1 – BEND OVER PUSH-UP
- Place a mat on the floor and stand up tall at one edge. This will be the starting position.
- Bend over and slowly crawl forward until you’re in a push-up position.
- Do a push-up and crawl back up into the starting position.
2 – PLANK TO TRICEPS EXTENSION
- Place a mat on the ground and arrange yourself up in a plank position as indicated in the video. This will be the starting position.
- Extend you’re your arms until your elbows are almost locked out. Hold the top position for a brief second.
- Now slowly return back to the starting position.
3 – BRIDGE TO LEG RAISE
12 reps each side
- Place yourself flat on a mat with one knee angled.
- Now push your glutes off the ground by flexing them.
- While keeping your glutes in the air perform a leg raise.
- Perform 12 reps on one side and repeat on the other.
4 – DIAGONAL SUPERMAN
12 reps each side
- Start facing down on a mat with your arms and legs extended as indicated in the video. This will be the starting position.
- Now raise one arm and the opposite leg of the floor.
- Hold the top position for a brief moment. Now return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the other side and perform 12 reps on each side.
5 – SQUAT TO LUNGE
- Standing up tall will be the starting position.
- Do a squat and immediately get back up.
- Now do a lunge on one side and get back to the starting position.
- Squat down and back up again followed by a lunge with the other leg.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for 8 rounds.
This was our functional circuit workout. Make sure you check other workouts here:
- 20-min full-body HIIT workout
- 10-min functional cardio workout
- 25-min glute workout
- Dumbbell lower body workout
- Functional full-body workout
- 20-min stability workout
- 20-min abs and core workout
- 30-min total core workout
- 30-min upper body workout
- 12-min kettlebell mobility flow
- 16-min EMOM workout
- Full-body Yoga tone workout
- Full-body workout for strength and mobility
- 45-min strength and endurance workout
- 35-min kettlebell workout for strength and power