ALL LEVELS / cardio challenge / 10 minutes
Equipment: Exercise mat & stopwatch
We have all been here: we wake up feeling super energized, we slay our workout, only to feel, in the end, that we could go for at least another round. A familiar feeling that led us to create today’s workout.
Unlike most previous workouts, this 10-minute cardio challenge can be a strong finisher or a super quick training session. It’s a simple AMRAP (in today’s case, as many rounds as possible) with just 4 exercises with a different number of reps for each. Since we’re talking about a cardio session, you must perform them fast but keeping proper form.
- V-sit explosive
- Side to side
- Squat jump
When you’re ready, start the clock!
- 4 exercises
- Different rep amount per exercise
- No rest between rounds
- AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
- 10 minutes
- Equipment: Exercise mat & stopwatch
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
EVO nurtures natural movement and our workouts, such as this one, usually require little to no equipment and minimal training space, making it easy to perform them everywhere.
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – BURPEE
- Start in a standing position and engage the core.
- Begin the movement by quickly bending down, reaching the hands towards the floor in front of the feet.
- As you do this, simultaneously jump, bringing your legs back, and land on the floor in a push-up position.
- Perform a push-up and on the way up, drive the hips up rapidly and jump into a squat position.
- Return to upright and repeat continuously for reps or time.
2 – V-SIT EXPLOSIVE
- Lie on your back with arms overhead.
- Engage the core, and rapidly bring the hands to the feet, while making a v-position with your body.
- Make sure you keep the arms and legs as straight as possible.
- Return under control and repeat.
3 – SIDE TO SIDE
- Start with your legs more than hip distance apart, with your core tight and a soft bend in the knees.
- Sit back into your hips and gently hop sideways to the left with your left leg leading.
- Reach your right hand towards your left leg and touch the floor. This is one rep.
- Use your core and upper legs to bring yourself back up and hop sideways to the right, reaching your left hand toward your right foot. Increase your speed to intensify that cardio power.
4 – SQUAT JUMP
- Find some space and stand with feet hip-width apart. Engage the core and set the shoulders slightly, ready for movement.
- Quickly bend the knees and hips (to about a ¼ squat position) as you move the arms backwards. Keep the knees over the toes throughout this part.
- As soon as you hit the lowest spot, rapidly extend the hips and drive the arms up to straighten the body and perform a small jump.
- Keep the core tight and remain balanced as you land, allowing the knees and hips to bend slightly to absorb the force.
- Reset the body and repeat for reps or time.
A cardio challenge to get that heart beating. Find more workouts and challenges here:
- 15-min core and shoulders workout
- 35-min full-body strength workout
- No equipment full-body workout
- 30-min full-body workout
- 50-40-30-20-10 workout
- 10-min functional glutes and legs workout
- 20-min full-body dumbbell workout
- Single-arm kettlebell circuit
- Functional circuit workout
- Full-body HIIT workout
- 10-min functional cardio workout
- 25-min glute workout
- Dumbbell lower body workout
- Functional full-body workout
- 20-min stability workout