Personal trainer from Vienna
Angelica specializes in strength and mobility training and trains people to become physically skillful and mentally intuitive. She creates efficient training programs that allow her clients to build strength and muscles and gain an athletic body.
Follow her on Instagram: @angieinmotion
10-MIN GLUTES AND LEGS WORKOUT
ALL LEVELS / functional glutes and legs workout
Equipment: Plyo box
Plyo boxes — now that’s a funny name for a rather simple fitness equipment. Plyo is a diminutive of Plyometric or jumping training. You can find Plyo boxes in all EVO clubs, and there’s a reason behind it: it’s an effective way to make your workouts more entertaining and challenging. Plus, as we covered before, they are perfect for building explosive power.
There won’t be jumping around on today’s session, which also helps prove these boxes’ versatility. It’s a functional glutes and legs workout that will use the soft surface of this equipment as support. Angie Cavazos, a friend and personal trainer from Vienna, is the mastermind behind it.
This workout consists of only 3 exercises to be performed in 3 rounds, 10 reps on each leg. Simple, challenging and effective — the way we like it.
- Single leg figure 4 hip thrust
- Single leg box squat
- Single leg hip hinges
Ready to think outside the box? Let’s go!
- 3 exercises
- 10 reps each leg
- 3 rounds
- 10 minutes
- Equipment: Plyo box
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
If you don’t have the equipment originally needed for this workout, you can substitute it with these everyday items or use these alternative exercises.
- Plyo box = a couch or a stable chair with a pillow for support
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – SINGLE LEG FIGURE 4 HIP THRUST
10 reps each leg
- Start in a seated position with your back and arms on the box.
- Cross one leg over the other and drive the other foot into the floor.
- Bridge your hips up while squeezing your glute, using your heel.
- Lower your hips back to the starting position and repeat on both sides.
2 – SINGLE LEG BOX SQUAT
10 reps each leg
- With the box behind you, plant both feet on the floor hip-width apart. Then, release one of your feet from the floor.
- Bend the other leg at your hips, knee in line with your toes, until you can lightly sit on the bench.
- Makes sure your back is between a 45- to 90- degree angle to your hips.
- Use your heel to return to the starting position and repeat on both sides.
3 – SINGLE LEG HIP HINGES
10 reps each leg
- Stand tall, feet hip-width apart and arms at your side.
- Place one foot on the box behind you and stand in just one leg, with that knee soft.
- With your core tight, hinge your upper body forward, bending it at your hips.
- Lower it until it’s parallel to the floor.
- That’s one rep. Repeat with both legs.
That was our glutes and legs workout. If you liked it, try some other training sessions here:
- 20-min full-body dumbbell workout
- Single-arm kettlebell circuit
- Functional circuit workout
- Full-body HIIT workout
- 10-min functional cardio workout
- 25-min glute workout
- Dumbbell lower body workout
- Functional full-body workout
- 20-min stability workout
- 20-min abs and core workout
- 30-min total core workout
- 30-min upper body workout
- 12-min kettlebell mobility flow
- 16-min EMOM workout
- Full-body Yoga tone workout