Personal trainer at EVO Fitness Mariahilfer Straße
Hannah is a health, fitness and personal trainer. With her creative workouts and individually adapted training plans, she ensures that her clients’ goals are efficiently achieved. At the same time, her top priority is to bring the fun and enjoyment of exercise and sport closer to her clients and to guide and support them on their way to become the best version of themselves.
Follow her on Instagram: @hannahxbraun
Book a PT session: [email protected]
ALL LEVELS / full-body workout / 30 minutes
Just last week, we went over the debate between full-body vs split workouts. This week, we show how biased we are by bringing you yet another full-body training session. As usual, simple and with minimal equipment — a pair of dumbbells will do the trick — making it possible for you to do it at EVO or from the comfort of your home.
Hannah Braun is the mastermind behind this training session. She is a personal trainer based in Vienna and a dear friend of ours, that already brought us other workouts like this full-body dumbbell workout or this dumbbell lower body workout. Make sure to check them out!
Today, she prepared a session with 7 exercises, 10 reps each, to be performed for 3 rounds. Make sure you complete 10 reps on each side in the unilateral exercises. All combined, this workout should take you around 30 minutes to complete.
- Side squat
- Dumbbell swing
- Squat hold Arnold press
- Lunge and press
- Renegade row into push-up
- Plank toe touches
- Side to side in-n-out
Let’s do it!
- 7 exercises
- 10 reps
- 3 rounds
- 1-minute rest between rounds
- Equipment: Dumbbells & exercise mat
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
If you don’t have the equipment originally needed for this workout, you can substitute it with these everyday items or use these alternative exercises.
- Dumbbells = water bottles filled with water and / or sand
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – SIDE SQUAT
10 reps on each side
- Place your feet wide apart with your knees slightly bend and your upper body straight, and grab a suitably weighted dumbbell. This will be the starting position.
- While holding the dumbbell between your legs, slowly squat down towards one side.
- Your knees should not surpass your toes by a lot.
- Push yourself back up and repeat for the desired rep range on both sides.
2 – DUMBBELL SWING
- Hold two suitably weighted dumbbells.
- Hinge your hips and get to a squat position to initiate the swing movement.
- Rapidly drive hip extension to swing the dumbbells upwards.
- Control the downswing with a hip hinge, swinging the dumbbells between the legs and returning to that squat position.
3 – SQUAT HOLD ARNOLD PRESS
- Grab two dumbbells and stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Engage the core and set the shoulders.
- Slowly squat down, pushing the knees outwards so they remain over the toes.
- Hold this position during the 10 Arnold press reps.
- Rotate your palms so that they face forward.
- Then, push your arms over your head until you’ve extended both arms above your head.
- Keep your core tight and your back straight.
- Return slowly back and repeat.
4 – LUNGE AND PRESS
10 reps each side
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand at shoulder level and stand with feet hip-width apart. Keep the shoulder set and the core engaged.
- Take a step back with the leg on the side where you’re holding the dumbbell and bend down towards the floor. Aim for both knees to bend to 90 degrees comfortably.
- While you do this, press the dumbbell over your head, extending the arm fully.
- Return to the starting position and repeat 10 times on each leg.
5 – RENEGADE ROW INTO PUSH-UP
- Grab two dumbbells and set your body up in a high plank position.
- Your hands and feet should be more than shoulder-width apart.
- Engage your core and row one dumbbell at a time towards your chest. Make sure your back stays as still as possible.
- Now with your chest parallel to your hands, perform a push-up. That’s one rep.
6 – PLANK TOE TOUCHES
10 reps each side
- Start in a high plank position, engaging your core.
- Push your hips up high, making sure your legs are straight.
- Take your left hand and reach for your right foot.
- Return to the high plank position.
- Take your right hand and go for your left foot.
- That’s one rep. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
7 – SIDE TO SIDE IN-N-OUT
- Hold a suitably weighted dumbbell in your right hand.
- Sit with your legs slightly bent and lift them off the ground.
- Keep your chest proud.
- With your feet off the floor all the time, crunch, bringing your knees to your chest.
- While you do this, switch the dumbbell to your left hand behind your buttocks.
- Extend to the starting position and repeat.
This full-body workout is done — but there are dozens more to try here:
- 50-40-30-20-10 workout
- 10-min functional glutes and legs workout
- 20-min full-body dumbbell workout
- Single-arm kettlebell circuit
- Functional circuit workout
- Full-body HIIT workout
- 10-min functional cardio workout
- 25-min glute workout
- Dumbbell lower body workout
- Functional full-body workout
- 20-min stability workout
- 20-min abs and core workout
- 30-min total core workout
- 30-min upper body workout