ALL LEVELS / AMRAP for strength / 12 minutes
Equipment: Dumbbells & kettlebells
Strength training can be challenging, especially if you follow traditional methods, highly focused only on lifting weight. At EVO, we welcome every fitness approach, but we favour a full-body approach.
That’s why we came up with this 12-min functional AMRAP for strength session. AMRAP stands for As Many Reps or Rounds As Possible. This session consists of 5 exercises to be performed within 12 minutes. Today’s session will focus on rounds since each exercise has a pre-established set of reps.
- Dumbbell swing x15
- Dumbbell lunge x12
- Push-up x9
- Deadlift row x6
- Devil press x3
Let’s get stronger!
- 5 exercises
- Different rep amount per exercise
- No rest between rounds
- AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
- 12 minutes
- Equipment: Dumbbells & kettlebells
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
- Kettlebell = bag with some weights, such as books, cans of food
- Dumbbells = water bottles filled with water and / or sand
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
As many rounds as possible
1 – DUMBBELL SWING
- Hold two suitably weighted dumbbells.
- Hinge your hips and get to a squat position to initiate the swing movement.
- Rapidly drive hip extension to swing the dumbbells upwards.
- Control the downswing with a hip hinge, swinging the dumbbells between the legs and returning to that squat position.
2 – DUMBBELL LUNGE
- Stand tall and hold the dumbbells by your shoulders.
- Step your right leg forward keeping the heel down.
- Raise the heel of the left leg.
- Then, lower the torso until the back knee touches the ground, with a full hip and knee extension.
3 – PUSH-UP
- Start in a plank position with arms straight, shoulders above wrists, and body in a straight line.
- Engage the core and glutes.
- Keeping the shoulders over the wrists, lower the whole body towards the floor, dropping comfortably as low as you can.
- Push the body upwards and return to the start position. Repeat.
4 – DEADLIFT ROW
- Standing up proud, hold two dumbbells in each arm.
- Now, bend forward until your upper body is almost parallel to the ground. Your back should remain under tension/straight throughout the motion.
- Row the dumbbells up and down. Bend your elbows and retract your shoulder blades.
- With your arms returned to the lower position, raise your upper body back up.
5 – DEVIL PRESS
- Place two dumbbells on the floor roughly your shoulder-width apart from each other.
- Engage the core and perform a slow burpee to grab the handles of each dumbbell. Your chest should touch the floor.
- Jump explosively to your feet, never taking your hands from the dumbbells, and snatch them from the floor.
- Finish the move by locking them over your head, with your body fully stretched.
- From there, and while holding the dumbbells, get back on the floor for a burpee and repeat.
A quick and effective AMRAP for strength workout. Find other challenges here:
- 25-min TRX upper body workout
- 30-min compound workout for strength
- 20-min full-body bodyweight workout
- 30-min full-body strength workout
- 10-min push-pull AMRAP workout
- Full-body workout for time
- 30-min full-body Halloween workout
- 15-min abs workout
- 30-min 100 reps workout
- Core & stability LIIT workout
- 15-min functional strength workout
- 10-min cardio challenge
- 15-min core and shoulders workout
- 35-min full-body strength workout
- 30-min no equipment full-body workout