ALL LEVELS / full-body workout for time
Equipment: Exercise mat & stopwatch
When a workout is for time, you know it’s going to be intense. After all, you’re expected to complete a prescribed amount of reps of different exercises as fast as you can — without compromising proper form, of course. It’s also mandatory that you finish all the exercises, no matter how exhausted you are.
For today’s full-body workout for time, we will follow a 20-18-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2 structure. Back in August, we made a full-body 50-40-30-20-10 training session similar to this challenge in the sense that those numbers represent the number of reps you should perform of each exercise every round. You’ll have 4 exercises to complete for 10 rounds with the predetermined number of reps that we just reviewed.
- Jumping jacks
- Abdominal row
Get your stopwatches ready and let’s do this!
- 4 exercises
- 10 rounds
- 20 reps each exercise in the 1st round
- 2 reps less every subsequent round
- For time
- Equipment: Exercise mat & stopwatch
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
EVO nurtures natural movement and our workouts, such as this one, usually require little to no equipment and minimal training space, making it easy to perform them everywhere.
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – SQUATS
- Stand on your feet, placing them at the same distance as that of your shoulder lines.
- Engage the core and go down to the floor, maintaining your knees on the line of your feet. Maintain the abs and glutes tight to control your hip and stabilize the movement. Use your arms to help you with your balance.
- Keep your feet attached to the floor and squat as down as possible without lifting the heels or feeling pain in your lower back.
2 – JUMPING JACKS
- Start in a standing position with arms by your sides. Engage the core slightly and set the shoulders, ready for movement.
- Keeping arms and legs straight (but not locked out) simultaneously jump the legs out to the sides and raise the arms to shoulder height. Stabilise the hips, core and shoulder girdle.
- Return to start and continue at a controlled rhythmic pace.
3 – ABDOMINAL ROW
- Lie on your back with legs straight, feet together. Place arms straight overhead. Flatten your lower back slightly into the floor.
- Begin the movement by bringing the knees towards the chest and simultaneously bringing the hands to touch the feet. Although the legs will bend, the arms remain straight. To make it easier, imagine drawing a semicircle shape with the arms as they come towards the feet.
- Maintain balance and control as the hands touch the feet.
- Return under control and repeat.
4 – BURPEES
- Start in a standing position and engage the core
- Begin the movement by quickly bending down, reaching the hands towards the floor in front of the feet.
- As you do this, simultaneously jump, bringing your legs back, and land on the floor in a push-up position.
- Perform a push-up and on the way up, drive the hips up rapidly and jump into a squat position.
- Return to upright and repeat continuously.
Full-body workout for time: done! Take a deep breath and check other challenges here:
- 30-min full-body Halloween workout
- 15-min abs workout
- 30-min 100 reps workout
- Core & stability LIIT workout
- 15-min functional strength workout
- 10-min cardio challenge
- 15-min core and shoulders workout
- 35-min full-body strength workout
- No equipment full-body workout
- 30-min full-body workout
- 50-40-30-20-10 workout
- 10-min functional glutes and legs workout
- 20-min full-body dumbbell workout
- Single-arm kettlebell circuit
- Functional circuit workout