ALL LEVELS / cardio workout / 20 minutes
Equipment: Exercise mat
Cardio workouts have numerous benefits. They help you lose weight, they improve your heart health and sleep quality, among other perks. Plus, you can do them everywhere — yes, you don’t need a treadmill. Whether at home or outside, these workouts are known for their versatility and practicality.
We conceived this 20-min cardio workout precisely with that in mind. This challenging and fun training session makes you do 300 reps of 5 exercises. How? By starting the first round with 100 reps for each exercise and then decreasing 20 reps each round for a total of 5 rounds.
- Jumping jacks
- Butt kicks
- Mountain climbers
- Side to side
- Scissor kicks
Ready? Let’s get those hearts pumping!
- 5 exercises
- 5 rounds
- 100 reps in the 1st round
- 20 reps less every subsequent round
- 20 minutes
- Equipment: Exercise mat
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
EVO nurtures natural movement and our workouts, such as this one, usually require little to no equipment and minimal training space, making it easy to perform them everywhere.
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – JUMPING JACKS
- Start in a standing position with arms by your sides. Engage the core slightly and set the shoulders, ready for movement.
- Keeping arms and legs straight (but not locked out) simultaneously jump the legs out to the sides and raise the arms to shoulder height. Stabilise the hips, core and shoulder girdle.
- Return to start and continue at a controlled rhythmic pace.
2 – BUTT KICKS
- Run on the spot and pull the heel to your butt.
- Aim to keep the hamstrings as relaxed as possible – that will maximize the efficiency of this exercise.
- Keep your core tight during the whole movement, and always look straight ahead.
- Maintain a quick tempo.
3 – MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
- Start with your hands on the floor at shoulder-width, with arms extended. The hands must be aligned with your chest line.
- Try to maintain your trunk straight while you pull your knee to the projected chest line on the floor.
- Alternate pulling your knees to the projected chest line.
- Make sure you’re standing on your hands with a tight core.
4 – SIDE TO SIDE
- Start with your legs more than hip distance apart, with your core tight and a soft bend in the knees.
- Sit back into your hips and gently hop sideways to the left with your left leg leading.
- Reach your right hand towards your left leg and touch the floor. This is one rep.
- Use your core and upper legs to bring yourself back up and hop sideways to the right, reaching your left hand toward your right foot. Increase your speed to intensify that cardio power.
5 – SCISSOR KICKS
- Lie on your back with arms overhead. Engage the core and maintain a slight posterior pelvic tilt.
- Raise the legs, arms and head slightly off the floor.
- Keeping the arms and legs straight throughout, begin the movement by quickly throwing the arms to touch the opposite leg.
- Return under control and switch sides.
We hope this cardio workout shakes up your fitness game. While you’re here, check some other options:
- 12-min functional AMRAP for strength
- 25-min TRX upper body workout
- 30-min compound workout for strength
- 20-min full-body bodyweight workout
- 30-min full-body strength workout
- 10-min push-pull AMRAP workout
- Full-body workout for time
- 30-min full-body Halloween workout
- 15-min abs workout
- 30-min 100 reps workout
- Core & stability LIIT workout
- 15-min functional strength workout
- 10-min cardio challenge
- 15-min core and shoulders workout
- 35-min full-body strength workout