ALL LEVELS / chest and triceps workout / 30 minutes
Equipment: Weight plate, incline chest press machine, gym bench & gym mat
Chest and triceps are often used in similar upper-body exercises and movements, and that’s why one usually ends up having them combined on the same day. Your chest is responsible for many pushing movements, while the triceps are the main muscle group used in extending the elbow and working on your posterior arm muscles. Together, they produce an important part of a well-structured upper-body workout.
This chest and triceps workout proves just that. A 30-minute session with just 4 exercises and 4 rounds. Each exercise with 10 reps with a 1-minute resting period between rounds and exercises. This way, you can concentrate on having as much weight as possible on the exercises that require weight.
- Loaded push-up
- Plank Triceps Extension
- Incline chest press
- Triceps dips
When you’re ready, let’s work on that chest and triceps!
- 4 exercises
- 10 reps
- 60 seconds rest between exercises and rounds
- 4 rounds
- 30 minutes total
- Equipment: Weight plate, incline chest press machine, gym bench & gym mat
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
If you don’t have the equipment originally needed for this workout, you can substitute it with these everyday items or use these alternative exercises.
- Weight plate = bag with some weights, such as books, cans of food
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – LOADED PUSH-UP
- Place a suitable weight plate on your back. Extend one leg at a time until you’re in a plank position.
- Then, keep your arms straight, shoulders above wrists, and body in a straight line. Engage the core and glutes.
- Keeping the shoulders over the wrists, lower the whole body towards the floor, dropping comfortably as low as you can.
- Push the body upwards and return to the start position.
- Perform the exercise very slowly – 5-6 seconds down and 5-6 seconds up.
2 – PLANK TRICEPS EXTENSIONS
- Place a mat on the ground and arrange yourself up in a plank position as indicated in the video. This will be the starting position.
- Extend you’re your arms until your elbows are almost locked out. Hold the top position for a brief second.
- Now slowly return to the starting position.
3 – INCLINE CHEST PRESS
- Lean back and press your feet actively into the floor.
- Find a symmetrical grip that lets your forearms stand almost parallel to the floor in the starting position.
- Engage your core and press forward and up with as much as possible.
- Make sure your back stays in contact with the cushion behind you.
4 – TRICEP DIPS
- Sit on the edge of the gym bench. Grasp the edge of it, pointing your fingers to your feet. Make sure your legs are extended, with your heels touching the floors.
- With your palms, press to lift your body and slide forward, clearing the edge of the bench.
- Now lower yourself until your elbows are bent.
- Slowly push yourself back up to the starting position.
Chest and triceps workout: done! Time to check for some other training sessions:
- 20-min superset workout
- 10-min no-equipment cardio workout
- 12-min kettlebell Tabata workout
- 20-min full-body functional workout
- 20-min metabolic strength workout
- 20-min upper body strength workout
- 9-min cardio AMRAP workout
- 30-min New Year’s strength workout
- 12-min EMOM Christmas workout
- 12-min full-body strength workout
- 30-min full-body strength workout
- 30-min full-body bodyweight workout
- Full-body workout for time