The explosive push-up is a functional upper-body strength, power and balance exercise.
- The explosive push-up uses nothing more than your own bodyweight.
- It targets the chest, arms and abs and stabilizes your spine.
- The explosive push-up is a great exercise for those who want to add some variety to their chest workout.
- This exercise can be performed varying the rage of motion and according to each own capabilities.
- Lay down on the floor, facing down, with your hands at the width of your shoulders and your elbows bended.
- Try to maintain your trunk as a plank and extend your arms in an explosive way so that your hands lift off the floor. If you are able to push yourself high enough in the air, you can clap your hands.
- Land on your hands and decelerate the movement until your chest is near the floor.
- Doing explosive push-ups increases functional strength and power of the upper body.
- Upper body muscles are usually weaker than lower body because we use them less to perform every day tasks.
- Explosive push-ups prevent shoulder injuries and reduce lower back pain.
- The exercise improves your posture and increase the core strength.