ALL LEVELS / metabolic strength workout / 10 minutes
Metabolic strength workouts — the name sounds strange and intimidating, but don’t let it fool you. This type of workout is simple and can be a game-changer for your fitness routine. Metabolic strength workouts combine resistance training with short rest periods. That way, it creates an intense and challenging training session that helps you build muscle, burn fat, and boost your metabolism all at once. Quite simple, right?
Even simpler is this metabolic strength workout. It has only 2 exercises, that you must perform both for 1 minute and during 5 rounds. No time to rest in this session: the goal is to raise your metabolism and create a challenging training session. The whole workout will take you 10 minutes to complete.
- Devil press
- Jumping jacks
Let’s boost that metabolism!
- 2 exercises
- 1 minute each
- 5 rounds
- No resting time
- 10 minutes total
- Equipment: Dumbbells
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – DEVIL PRESS
- Place two dumbbells on the floor roughly shoulder-width apart from each other.
- Engage the core and perform a slow burpee to grab the handles of each dumbbell. Your chest should touch the floor.
- Jump explosively to your feet, never taking your hands from the dumbbells, and snatch them from the floor.
- Finish the move by locking them over your head, with your body fully stretched.
- From there, and while holding the dumbbells, get back on the floor for a burpee and repeat.
2 – JUMPING JACKS
- Start in a standing position with your arms by your sides. Engage the core slightly and set the shoulders, ready for movement.
- Keeping arms and legs straight (but not locked out) simultaneously jump the legs out to the sides and raise the arms to shoulder height. Stabilise the hips, core and shoulder girdle.
- Return to start and continue at a controlled rhythmic pace for 1 minute.
Short and sweet: that was our metabolic strength workout. Time to find your next workout:
- 14-min full-body HIIT workout
- 35-min lower-body strength workout
- 40-min Kinesis workout
- 40-min upper body strength workout
- 15-min AMRAP barbell workout
- 20-min push and pull strength workout
- 12-min endurance workout
- 15-min AMRAP metabolic strength workout
- 10-min AMRAP core workout
- 30-min chest and triceps workout
- 20-min superset workout
- 10-min no-equipment cardio workout
- 12-min kettlebell Tabata workout