ALL LEVELS / AMRAP strength workout / 11 minutes
The best thing about strength training is that there are endless ways to approach it. You can be more conventional, using multiple machines and a simple structure. Or you can play with different types of training to keep the motivation high. AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible), a type of HIIT workout, is a great way to develop strength unconventionally.
To prove it, we bring you this AMRAP strength workout. It has 3 exercises and 2 rounds of 5 minutes each. You must do as many rounds as possible for 5 minutes. Then, you get 1-minute to rest before completing the second round. This workout will take you exactly 11 minutes to complete.
- Devil press
- Cross leg squats
- Russian sit-ups
Ready for this AMRAP? Let’s go!
- 3 exercises
- 2 rounds
- 5 minutes each round
- 1-minute rest between rounds
- 11 minutes total
- Equipment: Dumbbells
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – DEVIL PRESS
- Place two dumbbells on the floor roughly shoulder-width apart from each other.
- Engage the core and perform a slow burpee to grab the handles of each dumbbell. Your chest should touch the floor.
- Jump explosively to your feet, never taking your hands from the dumbbells, and snatch them from the floor.
- Finish the move by locking them over your head, with your body fully stretched.
- From there, and while holding the dumbbells, get back on the floor for a burpee and repeat.
2 – CROSS LEG SQUATS
- Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Hold two dumbbells and engage your core.
- Now, bring the right leg across you and place it closer to your left side.
- Squat down, keeping your back straight.
- Control your movement and get back up.
- Repeat, switching legs.
3 – RUSSIAN SIT-UPS
- Start in a supine position, with your legs bent and your feet on the floor hip-width apart.
- Grab a dumbbell with both hands horizontally, stretching your arms. That’s your starting position.
- Engage the core and perform a full sit-up, bringing your arms overhead.
- Return to the starting position, with your core engaged all the time, and repeat.
After this AMRAP strength workout, you might want to try one of these sessions:
- 20-min lower body strength workout
- 20-min EMOM strength workout
- 15-min upper-body strength workout
- 20-min cardio workout
- 10-min metabolic strength workout
- 14-min full-body HIIT workout
- 35-min lower-body strength workout
- 40-min Kinesis workout
- 40-min upper body strength workout
- 15-min AMRAP barbell workout
- 20-min push and pull strength workout
- 12-min endurance workout
- 15-min AMRAP metabolic strength workout