ALL LEVELS / upper-body strength workout / 15 minutes
Equipment: Incline chest press machine, lat pull-down machine, dumbbells & dips bar
Flaunting our bodies on the beach or the park must be an international summer sport, and with summer here, we must be sure we’re ready to enjoy the warm weather and show off our hard work at the gym. If you feel you could use an extra push to feel even more confident, then you should try this workout.
It’s an upper-body strength workout that will pump your arms, shoulders, and chest. It has 4 exercises, with 10 reps and 1 minute to rest between them. Complete 3 rounds, and you’ll feel stronger in just 15 minutes.
- Incline chest press
- Lat pull-down
- Curl to Shoulder press
Ready to feel stronger?
- 4 exercises
- 10 reps
- 1-minute rest
- 3 rounds
- 15 minutes total
- Equipment: Incline chest press machine, lat pull-down machine, dumbbells & dips bar
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – INCLINE CHEST PRESS
- Lean back and press your feet actively into the floor.
- Find a symmetrical grip that lets your forearms stand almost parallel to the floor in the starting position.
- Engage your core and press forward and up with as much as possible.
- Make sure your back stays in contact with the cushion behind you.
2 – LAT PULL-DOWN
- Adjust the pad on your legs to reduce the movement.
- Grasp the bar above your head with a wide grip. Keep looking forward with your torso upright.
- Engage your shoulder blades, and then pull the bar down in front of you – upper chest level.
- Squeeze your lats at the bottom of the move and avoid leaning back too much to facilitate the movement.
- Slowly return up and repeat.
3 – CURL TO SHOULDER PRESS
- Grab two dumbbells with adequate weight for your fitness level.
- Standing up straight, have the dumbbells resting at your sides with the palms facing inwards.
- Slowly raise your forearms forward until your wrist rests above your elbow.
- Now explosively lock out your arms and raise the dumbbells above your head.
- Hold the position for a second and return to the starting point by reversing the motion.
4 – DIPS
- Grab the bars and boost yourself up. Engage the core, looking forward.
- Bend your knees — it will help you with stabilisation.
- Keeping your elbows at your side, lower your body. Your triceps should be parallel to the floor.
- Bring yourself back up without locking your elbows.
Pumped after this upper-body strength workout? Then, choose your next workout now:
- 20-min cardio workout
- 10-min metabolic strength workout
- 14-min full-body HIIT workout
- 35-min lower-body strength workout
- 40-min Kinesis workout
- 40-min upper body strength workout
- 15-min AMRAP barbell workout
- 20-min push and pull strength workout
- 12-min endurance workout
- 15-min AMRAP metabolic strength workout
- 10-min AMRAP core workout
- 30-min chest and triceps workout
- 20-min superset workout