ALL LEVELS / full-body EMOM workout / 18 minutes
Equipment: Stopwatch & exercise mat
Don’t let the holiday season stop you from staying in shape. HIIT it with this bodyweight-only EMOM workout — perfect for doing at home and burning some of those Christmas candies. EMOM stands for “every minute on the minute,” which means that you must complete a predefined number of reps of different exercises within 60 seconds. Then, if you have any time left, you can use it to rest before moving on to the next exercise or reps.
This full-body EMOM workout is 18 minutes long. During this period, you’ll have to do 6 exercises with 10 reps each in 3 rounds. To get some resting periods between exercises, you must perform the 10 reps as fast as possible without compromising your form.
- Burpee 10x
- Squat 10x
- Tornado 10x
- Push-up 10x
- Lunge 10x
- V-sit explosive 10x
On your marks, get set, go!
- 6 exercises
- 3 rounds
- 18 minutes
- Equipment: Stopwatch & exercise mat
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
EVO nurtures natural movement and our workouts, such as this one, usually require little to no equipment and minimal training space, making it easy to perform them everywhere.
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – BURPEE
- Start in a standing position and engage the core.
- Begin the movement by quickly bending down, reaching the hands towards the floor in front of the feet. As you do this, simultaneously jump, bringing your legs back, and land on the floor in a push-up position.
- Perform a push-up and on the way up, drive the hips up rapidly and jump into a squat position.
- Return to upright and repeat.
2 – SQUAT
- Stand on your feet, placing them at the same distance as that of your shoulder lines.
- Engage the core and go down to the floor, maintaining your knees on the line of your feet. Maintain the abs and glutes tight to control your hip and stabilize the movement. Use your arms to help you with your balance.
- Keep your feet attached to the floor and squat as down as possible without lifting the heels or feeling pain in your lower back.
3 – TORNADO
- In a long-seated position, bring the legs together and bend the knees slightly. Interlace your fingers into a ball in front of the body. Lift the feet off the floor and lean back slightly until you find your balance point. This is the start position.
- From here start rotating the torsi left to right, aiming your hands towards the floor on each side. To do this repeatedly, you will need to swing the legs in the opposite direction slightly. As you do this, use the core to stabilise the body – and avoid excessive leg swinging.
4 – PUSH-UP
- Start in a plank position with arms straight, shoulders above wrists, and body in a straight line.
- Engage the core and glutes.
- Keeping the shoulders over the wrists, lower the whole body towards the floor, dropping comfortably as low as you can.
- Push the body upwards and return to the start position. Repeat.
5 – LUNGE
- Stand tall and engage your core.
- Step your right leg forward, keeping the heel down.
- Raise the heel of the left leg.
- Then, lower the torso until the back knee touches the ground, with a total hip and knee extension.
- Repeat with the other leg.
6 – V-SIT EXPLOSIVE
- Lie on your back with arms overhead.
- Engage the core, and rapidly bring the hands to the feet, while making a v-position with your body.
- Make sure you keep the arms and legs as straight as possible.
- Return under control and repeat.
A full-body EMOM workout that you can do anywhere, anytime. If you’re looking for more challenges, check these out:
- 20-min cardio workout
- 12-min functional AMRAP for strength
- 25-min TRX upper body workout
- 30-min compound workout for strength
- 20-min full-body bodyweight workout
- 30-min full-body strength workout
- 10-min push-pull AMRAP workout
- Full-body workout for time
- 30-min full-body Halloween workout
- 15-min abs workout
- 30-min 100 reps workout
- Core & stability LIIT workout
- 15-min functional strength workout
- 10-min cardio challenge
- 15-min core and shoulders workout