ALL LEVELS / lower body workout / 20 minutes
Equipment: Barbell, dumbbells, weight plates & leg extension machine
Think of your lower body as the foundation of your life’s structure. Just as you can’t build a house starting from the roof, you can’t achieve a well-rounded physique without first establishing a solid lower body. That’s why people say “never skip leg day”.
Today, we bring you a lower body workout. That way, you’ll have no excuses to skip this day. It consists of 4 exercises, each with 12 reps, to be completed over 4 rounds. Throughout this training session, you’ll have 1-minute to rest between both exercises and rounds. All combined, this workout will take you 20 minutes to complete.
- Barbell hip thrust
- Dumbbell lunges
- Goblet squat with plates
- Leg extensions
Leg day, let’s go!
- 4 exercises
- 12 reps each
- 4 rounds
- 1-min rest between rounds
- 1-min rest between exercises
- 20 minutes total
- Equipment: Barbell, dumbbells, weight plates & leg extension machine
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – BARBELL HIP THRUST
- Sit on the ground with a bench behind you, bending your knees, feet planted on the ground.
- Hold a barbell and let it rest above your hips.
- If possible, use a padded bar or slip something soft between the bar and your body. It will make the exercise more comfortable.
- Lean back, so your shoulders are on the bench and position the bar above your hips.
- Drive your hips up, lifting the bar. In the top position, your knees should be bent at a 90-degree angle, and your shoulders should be near the top of the bench, with your body forming a straight line between them.
- Pause at the top of the lift and squeeze your glutes, then lower your hips slowly.
2 – DUMBBELL LUNGES
- Stand tall and hold the dumbbells by your shoulders.
- Step your right leg forward keeping the heel down.
- Raise the heel of the left leg.
- Then, lower the torso until the back knee touches the ground, with a full hip and knee extension.
3 – GOBLET SQUATS WITH PLATES
- Place two lightweight disks under each of your heels — this variation of the goblet squat will focus on your quads.
- Stand tall and hold a dumbbell vertically, putting your hands below the top of the weight.
- Place the dumbbell against your chest and keep it there throughout the whole movement.
- Squat, keeping your core tight and back upright.
- Get back up, pushing from the sole of your feet to help you.
4 – LEG EXTENSIONS
- Sit up straight on the leg extension machine.
- Adjust the pad so it sits on your lower leg and just above your feet.
- Extend your legs straight out in front of you, making sure you’re using your quads to power the movement.
- Then slowly lower them back to the starting position.
After finishing this lower body workout, choose your next challenge:
- 25-min functional strength workout
- 30-min full-body workout
- 15-min upper body workout
- 10-min full-body AMRAP workout
- 30-min HIIT full-body workout
- 18-min lower body workout
- 20-min upper body workout
- 10-min cardio and core workout
- 20-min shoulder strength workout
- 10-min functional bodyweight workout
- 11-min AMRAP strength workout
- 20-min lower body strength workout
- 20-min EMOM strength workout