Personal Trainer at EVO Lucerne
Philip’s expertise in sports therapy and athletic training, will help you improve your performance in sports and everyday life. He will help you (re)gain a pain-free, fully functional body through movements and exercises specifically tailored to your unique needs. Philip is a highly experienced personal trainer with over 7200 conducted sessions.
Follow him on Instagram: @derbewegungsberater.ch
Book a PT session: [email protected]
25-MIN TRX AMRAP WORKOUT
ALL LEVELS / TRX AMRAP workout / 20 minutes
Equipment: TRX, medicine ball, and pull-up bar
There is no need to be afraid of all these acronyms — this is not a riddle. In fact, this full-body workout is way simpler than its name suggests. TRX is the abbreviation of Total-body Resistance eXercise, an all-in-one suspension training tool that allows you to use bodyweight to improve strength, balance, flexibility, and core strength simultaneously.
AMRAP is pretty simple, too — it stands for As Many Rounds or Reps As Possible. In today’s case, it will be for rounds, meaning you’ll get a pre-planned number of reps for each exercise, and you must do as many rounds as possible during the overall time of this AMRAP.
This TRX AMRAP workout was designed by Philip Irgang, our personal trainer from EVO Lucerne, and consists of 5 exercises with a different number of reps. You should perform as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes, which will drive you to go fast, as you should, but make sure you don’t compromise your form.
- TRX squat x3
- TRX squat jumps x5
- TRX push-up on ball x10
- TRX climbs eccentric x5
- Knee lift x8
Let’s AMRAP it up!
- 5 exercises
- Different rep amount per exercise
- No rest between rounds
- AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
- 20 minutes
- Equipment: TRX, medicine ball
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
TRX is a portable tool that allows you to exercise anywhere. In case you don’t own one, you can try to mimic the moves with a resistance band. We must warn you however that the experience will be totally different.
The knee lift can be replaced with plenty of abs exercises. You’ll find plenty of them in this workout.
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
As many rounds as possible
1 – TRX SQUAT
- Stand next to the TRX and grasp the handles, ensuring they are parallel in lenght.
- Face the anchor and place your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Drop into a squat position, keeping your knees deeper than 90-degree angle, and letting your arms descend as you do.
- Use your heels to come back to the standing position.
2 – TRX SQUAT JUMPS
- Grab the handles of the TRX, facing towards it.
- Drop into a squat position, keeping arms and back straight, knees deeper than a 90-degree angle.
- Using your heels, jump off the ground as high as you can. Make sure you don’t bend your arms.
- Land softly and repeat immediately.
3 – TRX PUSH-UP ON BALL
- In a plank position, place both feet in the TRX handles.
- Place a medicine ball under one of your hands and get into push-up position.
- Keeping your core and glutes tight, shoulders over wrists, and body in a straight line, lower your chest down.
- Move the ball to the other hand and repeat the step above.
- Make 5 reps on each arm, completing the 10 in total.
4 – TRX CLIMBS ECCENTRIC
- Shorten the straps on the TRX, ensuring you can reach them when you sit beneath the handles.
- Holding the handles and with your legs bent in a deep squat position, out straight in front of you, bend your arms and pull yourself up.
- Bring your legs as if you’re doing a knee lift, maintaining your arms bent.
- Slowly lower your body until your butt touches the floor. Immediately return to the earlier deep squat position.
- This is one rep, repeat 4 more times.
5 – KNEE LIFT
- Begin by hanging on a bar.
- Set the shoulders and engage the abdominals to form a ‘hollow’ or ‘dish’ shape.
- Keeping the arms straight, lift the knees towards the chest.
- As the knees cross the hips, use the abdominal muscles to ‘tuck’ the hips, bringing the knees closer to the chest.
- Return and repeat.
We hope you enjoyed this TRX AMRAP workout. Find more challenging workouts below:
- 18-min full-body EMOM workout
- 20-min cardio workout
- 12-min functional AMRAP for strength
- 25-min TRX upper body workout
- 30-min compound workout for strength
- 20-min full-body bodyweight workout
- 30-min full-body strength workout
- 10-min push-pull AMRAP workout
- Full-body workout for time
- 30-min full-body Halloween workout
- 15-min abs workout
- 30-min 100 reps workout
- Core & stability LIIT workout
- 15-min functional strength workout
- 10-min cardio challenge