ALL LEVELS / strength and endurance workout / for time / 10-15min
Equipment: high bar, superfunctional bar/ TRX, mat
May’s workout of the month is a simple 10-15min long benchmark strength and endurance workout.
When we talk about benchmark workouts, we are talking about any that can be performed periodically to evaluate your current level of skill. Such workouts will usually go back to fundamental movements such as squatting, pushing, pulling.
They will also often involve higher volume – reps vs load. The goal is to test your fitness and technique over time.
This strength and endurance workout is made up of 3 foundation exercises performed back to back for time – don’t forget to start/stop your stopwatch.
You should perform the exercises in the following order:
- Pull-up 25 reps
- Push-up 50 reps
- Squat (bodyweight) 100 reps
Complete all reps in the fastest time.
“DOUBLE-UP” STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE WORKOUT
- TRX row or superfunctional bar pull-up
- Box push-up
- Band assisted pull-up
As your endurance improves, you will be able to improve your performance each time you perform the workout.
- Use an overhand grip and pull chin to bar.
- Pace yourself – consider 5 sets of 5 reps.
- Beginners may use a superfunctional bar (feet on floor).
- Moderately skilled individuals may perform band assisted pull ups.
- Pace yourself – consider 5 sets of 10 reps.
- Beginners may perform box push-ups (on knees).
- Hips must drop below knees.
- Pace yourself – consider 5 sets of 20.
Did you like this strength and endurance workout? Find more EVO workouts here:
- High-intensity strength and cardio workout
- High-intensity barbell workout
- Deadlift workout
- Metcon workout
- Cardio bodyweight circuit
- Core bag EMOM workout
- Bodyweight circuit
- Bodyweight and TRX workout
- Queenax workout
- Kinesis workout
- Summer bodyweight workout
- Glutes workout
- 16-minute tabata workout
- Bodyweight workout for couples
- 10-minute bodyweight workout
- High intensity tabata workout
- Leg workout
- Kettlebell core workout
- Barbell workout
- 10-minute high intensity workout
- Cardio workout
- Movement balance workout
- Core bag workout
- Kinesis core workout
- Jumping HIIT workout