The hip extension is a functional whole-body strength, stretch and balance exercise.
- The warm-up is a very important stage of every exercise program. It increases body temperature, prepares muscles, ligaments and tendons to exercise.
- A good warm-up is crucial when you’re facing a cold environment, preventing injuries like muscle breakdown or muscular contractures.
- With the bar hanged by the strips, hold it on the ends with your arms extended. The bar must be aligned with your hip.
- Try to maintain your trunk in a planking position while you bent over it to the front and lift your leg backwards.
- Keep your arms extended, holding the bar and try to go further, extending your shoulders, trunk and leg.
- Step back to the early position and switch the leg.
- Hip extension increases functional mobility in a full body activation mode.
- Promotes core activation, coordination and increases flexibility.
- Repeating some movements to each side will prevent injuries and prepare the muscle to moderate or intensive exercises.
Did you like the hip extension tutorial? Here are more exercises:
- Hanging twist
- Bunny hops
- Burpee pull-up
- Explosive push-up
- Glute bridge
- Kinesis lunge to chest press
- Kinesis reverse lunge to row
- Overhead squat
- Row with functional bar
- Push up on functional bar
- Mountain Climbers
- Deep squat
- TRX knee pull
- Hip mobility
- Jab cross
- Med ball chop